Connecting with Students During the Tour
Day of the Tour
- Appoint someone to greet students.
- Appoint someone to take pictures before, during and after the tour.
- Keep the groups small enough for students/teachers to hear tour guide.
- At beginning of tour, begin with background information on the company, the history, and share any “wow” type of marketing materials.
- Share company “swag” if appropriate and available.
- Encourage each tour guide to share own personal story and career journey.
- Think about company “lingo” ensuring tour guides keep the language general enough such that students/teachers will understand.
- Ask students who would be interested in learning more and collect their contact information if necessary.
What you need to know from the school to plan the tour
- What are the student learning objective?
- How many students will participate?
- What is the grade levels of students?
- What is their content level?
- What do they want to learn after?
- Do you have suggestions for hands on activities? (Teachers are the experts in this and don't be afraid to ask for ideas)
*Access to this document requires you to be a member of INSPIRE. Click here to find out how to join.