Connect with Students During a Guest Speaking Engagement
Things to include in a presentation
Below is a list of items that should be included somewhere in your presentation:
- Reflect on your career path. How did you get to the career you are in? What previous careers/experiences did you have that were valuable? In hindsight, would you change anything? Share your personal story, this will engage students.
- What types of traits or qualities do people in your career have?
- What are similar careers to your field? What future career trends do you see with your career?
- Who do you integrate and collaborate with in your company?
- What educational paths do you recommend?
- How long will I have to go to school?
- What kind of work experience would I need to have this career?
- Volunteer experience?
- Share the positive and challenging aspects of your career?
- Who influenced you and do you have a mentor now?
- What’s the salary potential for this career?
- Share ideas about how students can gain career experience in the field right now.
*Access to this document requires you to be a member of INSPIRE. Click here to find out how to join.